Thursday, July 2, 2009

Not So Tech Savvy

This morning I have been trying to use my Google Reader to connect to other blogs and play around with settings, and it hit me that I am not as tech savvy as I thought.  Over the last two years of teaching, I have been made to feel like a technology guru for some of the other teachers because of my familiarity with computers and the capabilities.  I must admit, this "guru" is feeling a bit overwhelmed with the new technology info. that is flooding in.  Can I really do this stuff?  I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...

2 comments:

  1. Ashlee, your post is so similar to what I am feeling (and wrote on my blog, too)! I have always been comfortable with technology, but I think that my comfort is limited to Web 1.0. Web 2.0 has evolved and, somehow, I didn't even notice! Not that I was completely unaware of blogs, wikis, and podcasts, but I certainly had no idea that they can and should be used for educational purposes. I guess we have a lot to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashlee. You do have a busy year ahead of you! I'll say my prayers for you too. :-) I'm also a junior high math teacher (after many years of teaching business) and I think we'll be learning some amazing ways in these classes to keep kids interested in one of those subjects that so many of them are scared of! It should be fun!

    ReplyDelete